Re: Solving ODE system in Octave

From: timothy kinyanjui
Subject: Re: Solving ODE system in Octave
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 11:58:53 -0700 (PDT)

From: Thomas Treichl <address@hidden>
To: timothy kinyanjui <address@hidden>
Cc: octave <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 9:01:10 PM

timothy kinyanjui schrieb:

> [...]

Ok, can you please set options.BDF="off" and try again?
Best regards,
  Thomas
Thanks Thomas.
I have changed BDF to off but it could still not run.
I defined another new options structure in Octave using options=odeset( ); This created another default structure.
On using the new optiins structure, the following error occured.

error: Solving has not been successful. The iterative integration loop exited at time t = 18.000000 before endpoint at tend = 18.000000 was reached. This may happen if the stepsize grows smaller than defined in vminstepsize. Try to reduce the value of "InitialStep" and/or "MaxStep" with the command "odeset".
octave-3.0.5.exe:141:d:\model_data\work\two_age_structure_model

I therefore reduced the InitialStep and the MaxStep to the values shown in the options structure below but the same error was generated. I really do not know what is missing.
options =
{
  RelTol = [](0x0)
  AbsTol = [](0x0)