MinGW build of 3.2.0: shared libstdc++

From: Alexander Mamonov
Subject: MinGW build of 3.2.0: shared libstdc++
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 14:17:15 -0400

Hello Benjamin,

I still haven't lost the hope of building 3.2.0 with MinGW, and I've
been looking into the shared libraries problem that I had before. I
would like to ask your advice. Everybody else familiar with MinGW is
welcome to comment as well (Tatsuro?).

Consider a simple code (main.cxx):

#include <iostream>

void exthrow(void){
        int exval = 1;
        std::cout << "Exthrow: throwing exception:" << exval << std::endl;
        throw exval;
}

int main(int argc, char* argv[]){

        try{
                exthrow();
        }catch(int exval){
                std::cout << "Caught exception from exthrow: " << exval <<
std::endl;
        }

        return 0;
}

Here is what happens:

>g++ -c main.cxx
>g++ -o extest_static.exe main.o
>./extest_static.exe
Exthrow: throwing exception:1
Caught exception from exthrow: 1

>g++ -c -D_DLL main.cxx
>g++ -o extest_shared.exe main.o -lstdc++_s
>./extest_shared.exe
Exthrow: throwing exception:1
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'int'

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

I tried this under GCC 4.3.0 TDM-2. I tried both SJLJ and DW2
versions. Which compiler did you use to compile your Windows release
of 3.0.5? Did you ever observe such problem?

Thank you,
Alex