Home directory in octave on windows?

From: m h
Subject: Home directory in octave on windows?
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 15:46:28 -0700 (PDT)

I'm running Octave-3.0.5 on a WinVista machine.

Right now, it seems that octave insists that my home directory (whatever that means on windows), i.e. the directory that is listed when I type "ls ~", is a network drive that my computer is connected to, specifically a drive that's mounted as U: . This also unfortunately means my .octaverc file, log file, etc, get created and written to the root directory of U: . I'd like that to be somewhere else.

How do I change where octave thinks the home directory is? Can I tell it to look for a .octaverc file (and store log files) somewhere else? Or is that hard coded into the executable that I download?

Thanks...

--- Marc