Re: jhandles with debian

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: jhandles with debian
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 16:02:50 +0100

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Oz Nahum <address@hidden> wrote:
>>JDK include directory is not in the standard include path, so it
>>seems you have to add it manually, through some environment
>>variable. Under MSVC, I use INCLUDE variable.
>
> Ok, could someone translate this to noobs simple language ?
> I understand you develop this software under microsoft windows [:-(], and I
> don't understand
> what is the include variable. You mean I have to change manually the
> configure or make files ?

What it means is that the headers provided by JDK are not installed
in some standard location, so the compiler cannot find them automatically.
The configure script expects them in $JAVA_HOME/include. If this is not
the case, then you'll have to fix your system, or let the compiler know about
the non standard location, usually by using some well-known environment
variable. Under MSVC, this is achieved through the variable called "INCLUDE".

I don't know the equivalent for GCC, but I guess using CPPFLAGS and the
-I compiler flag could do it.

Michael.