Re: Re; Re; Windows

From: Rob Mahurin
Subject: Re: Re; Re; Windows
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 12:44:34 -0400

On May 11, 2009, at 1:17 AM, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 6:59 AM, dmelliott <address@hidden> wrote:
   All the binaries you have ever installed into a Windows OS.

... go on ... example? Remember that Octave is GPL and written in C++.
That surely does not apply to "all the binaries" I ever installed into
Windows (last time, that was IE7 installed on someone else's
computer). Off my head I can't think of a Windows-enabled GPL software
written in C++.

here are some projects that are GPL'd, written in C++, and distributed from sourceforge.

Notepad++       http://sourceforge.net/projects/notepad-plus/
FileBreaker     http://sourceforge.net/projects/filebreaker/
WideStudio      http://sourceforge.net/projects/widestudio/
Bouml           http://sourceforge.net/projects/bouml/
aBiblia         http://sourceforge.net/projects/abiblia/
PokerTH         http://sourceforge.net/projects/pokerth/
MathFrame       http://sourceforge.net/projects/mathframe/

I don't know how these projects prepare binaries to distribute.

Rob

--
Rob Mahurin
Department of Physics and Astronomy