Re: gset replacement (encoding)

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: gset replacement (encoding)
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 21:50:17 -0400

On May 8, 2009, at 5:31 PM, address@hidden wrote:

The "encoding" part is not presently possible. If you can describe
why you're using it, perhaps there is another way, or perhaps we can
add what you need.

I need it to be able to use my language (German, including Umlauts) in
titles and lables.

To generate a postscript output, first create your plot ...

So, I need to be able to do something like:

   x = 0:0.01:5;
   plot (x, sin(x), x, cos(x))
   xlabel ("Höhe")
   ylabel ("Längenmaß")
   title ("Übung")

This works on screen, but not in postscript.

(Well, the labels don't make any sense here :-))

Thanks a lot again!

Andreas

ok, I don't think Octave is able to produce Umlauts.

Do you have sufficient experience with gnuplot to know what the side- effects of turning on encoding iso_8859_1 would be?

Ben