Re: error in documentation ?

From: Rafael Laboissiere
Subject: Re: error in documentation ?
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 19:02:37 +0100

* Alain Baeckeroot <address@hidden> [2009-03-21 18:15]:

> I think there is an arror in documentation, wrt 'system' function :
>  GNU Octave, version 3.0.1
>  Octave was configured for "i486-pc-linux-gnu".

This is a recent version of Octave, good.  However:

> http://www.math.utah.edu/docs/info/octave_26.html    says :
> [output, status] = system ("echo foo; exit 2");

This documentation seems outdated.  At the bottom of the table of
contents page [1], I see:

    This document was generated on 8 March 1996 using the texi2html translator
version 1.45.

[1] http://www.math.utah.edu/docs/info/octave_toc.html

> But it seems the order is the opposite:
> octave:20> [output, status] = system ("echo foo; exit 2")
> output =  2
> status = foo

Try "help system" for the authoritative documentation.

--
Rafael