Re: data structure for simulation

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: data structure for simulation
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 18:16:48 +0100

>monte_carlo.m and monte_carlo_nodes.m are available on the PelicanHPC Linux
>distro, along with some examples, ready to run. "Ready to run" is an
>important qualifier here, because to use these functions on more than one
>core, you need to have LAM/MPI and MPITB installed. For clusters, you need
>to have password-less ssh set up, etc. Due to all of that, I recommend
>getting PelicanHPC, and running it virtualized. That will let you check out
>the examples. If you like what you see, PelicanHPC will allow you to set up
>a cluster very quickly. It is possible to set up a real cluster while
>running PelicanHPC virtualized on the platform of your choice, so this works
>for Windows and MacOS users, too.

This is all very nice and again more than I expected.  I may be
considering this in a future.  But to do real work, I'd need to run the
real thing, because I have a powerpc cluster, so emulation is, I guess,
slow...

>I'd be happy to help you get started if you're interested in using this
>scheme.

I'll not forget this if I go that way, thanks!

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice: +39 050 315 3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Fax:   +39 050 315 2040