Re: System Identification

From: Julius Smith
Subject: Re: System Identification
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 22:49:51 -0700

You can use stmcb or invfreqz in the discrete-time case, or invfreqs in the continuous-time case. - jos

At 07:29 AM 3/10/2009, Rico Cordova wrote:

I have a question regarding Octave's capabilities for System Identification.
Are there any methods available, using Octave, that will allow a user to
input a step response and get an estimate of the transfer function?

That is,

sys = tf(NUM, DEN)
[Y, T] = step(SYS)
estimate = Some_Function(Y, T)

Or something similar?

I can see several options using Matlab that will help here.  From what I can
tell both etfe and idfrd seem to be something along the lines of what I'm
looking for.  The GUI provided in the Matlab System Identification Toolbox
will do exactly what I'm trying to do but I must do this with Octave.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

- Rico