time-formatted axes

From: Rob Mahurin
Subject: time-formatted axes
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 07:28:15 -0500

Hello,

I have lots of timestamped data, where I want to look at what something did over six months, zoom in to an hour's data last fall, compare that to an hour's data yesterday, etc. Keeping all of these things straight takes a lot of dickering with axis labels. Usually I store timestamps as unix times, which makes totally worthless default axes ticklabels (like "1.236e09" for this morning).

Gnuplot has the nice idiom
        set xdata time
which magically makes useful axis labels. Is there currently a good way to do the same thing in Octave?

Thanks,
Rob

--
Rob Mahurin