Re: Problems installing odepkg in octave 3.0.3

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: Problems installing odepkg in octave 3.0.3
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 21:00:02 +0100

Samuel H. Dupree, Jr. schrieb:
I'm running Octave 3.0.3 on a Mac PowerPC G4 running Mac OS 10.4.11. I'm attempting to install ODEPKG 0.6.4, and thus far I've been unsuccessful. The steps I've been using to install ODEPKG are as follows:

    1. Downloaded the odepkg-0.6.4.tar.gz and placed it in my home directory
    2. Launch Octave.app from the Applications folder on the desktop
3. Octave.app launches a UNIX terminal window in which Octave is initiated 4. From the Octave prompt cd to my home directory where odepkg-0.6.4.tar.gz resides 5. Entered the command, pkg install odepkg-0.6.4.tar.gz, to install the package
    6. The installed produced the following output:
<SNIP>

What am I doing wrong, or what work-around do I need to do to successfully install odepkg?

Sam Dupree.

Hi Sam,

where did you get your /usr/local/bin/gcc 4.3.0 from?

Have you set the CC environment variable? In Octave type

  getenv ("CC")

Best regards,

  Thomas