compiling Octave with recent Intel C++

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: compiling Octave with recent Intel C++
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 12:42:07 +0100

hi all,

it seems that as a side effect of introducing more advanced template
techniques into Octave code, it is slowly becoming a testbed for C++
compilers :)
Namely, the Intel C++ 11.0 compiler just failed to build liboctave and
choked on what I think is correct C++ code - the implicit
instantiations of do_mx_red_op et al.
A workaround is simple, but I'm not going to alter the Octave sources
for this, so if anyone happens to encounter the same problem, I can
share a compatibility patch.

regards

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek