Re: Printing output of plot3 (including rotation)

From: activityworkshop
Subject: Re: Printing output of plot3 (including rotation)
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 15:11:07 +0100

Great, thanks both of you!
Sorry if that was an obvious question, I did search for it but didn't get these solutions.

What I ended up doing was rotating the graph with the mouse until it looked right and noting down the angles at the bottom of the window (in this case 70, 278). Then either of the following commands worked for telling Octave what to do:
   view(278,20)
   set(gca(),"view",[278,20])
So the order is reversed and the second angle is 90- what was displayed.
Then I could do the print -deps as before.

Thanks for your quick help!

Doug Stewart wrote:
try

set(gca(),"view",[-10,60]);

Doug

Søren Hauberg wrote:
The 'view' function seems to work for me.

Søren