Re: development version does not compile

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: development version does not compile
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 12:59:27 +0100

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Bertrand Roessli
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to compile the development version and
> it does not compile properly
>
> ../libcruft/libcruft.so: undefined reference to `s_cat'
> ../src/liboctinterp.so: undefined reference to `do_fio'
> ../src/liboctinterp.so: undefined reference to `e_wsfe'
> ../libcruft/libcruft.so: undefined reference to `c_abs'
> ../libcruft/libcruft.so: undefined reference to `d_mod'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [octave] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/broessli/octave/src'
> make[1]: *** [src] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/broessli/octave'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Any hint? Thank you,
>
> Bertrand Roessli

"Development version" alone is too vague, as it changes every day. If
you got a snapshot from the Savannah mercurial archive, please state
the tip ID (hg tip). Otherwise, say "I'm compiling 3.1.52" or
something.
Also, including your configuration info would be helpful.

Judging by previous experience, I'd say these look like references to
the fortran runtime library.

cheers

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek