Re: mkoctfile problem

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: mkoctfile problem
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 12:35:12 +0000

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Allahyari Rahim <address@hidden> wrote:
> what do you main with
>

> "If this does not work, then copy C:\TWUClib\lib\TWUClib.a into
> C:\TWUClib\lib\libTWUClib.a "

Nothing more than what's stated: just copy the file using another
name. This is required, because when you specify a link flag as
-lmylibname, the compiler will look for a library file named
libmylibname.a (or libmylibname.so under UNIX and libmylibname.dll.a
under MinGW, but that's another story).

> but I did so
>

>> mkoctfile TWUsetUserAgent.cc -LC:\TWUClib\lib -TWUClib.a

The last element should be: -lTWUClib

May I kindly suggest you to read some documentation about
compiler and compilation commands. I think that could help you
understand what's going on. mkoctfile is simply a wrapper around
an actual compiler. Most compilation flags are passed as-is to
the compiler/linker. What happened in the command above is that
used -TWUClib.a instead of -lTWUClib. This flag was passed to the
linker and if you look at the linker help (man ld), you'll see that -T
is a valid option specifying a linker script. So the linker looked for
a script named WUClib.a and fails to find it.

Michael.