Re: compare the executive speed with Matlab

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: compare the executive speed with Matlab
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 14:21:34 -0600

2009/1/2 Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden>:
> My experiment was more severe.

Show us the experiment, then.

> In both cases I had prepared array (vector in 'octave') of 'sin' function
> arguments, and I wasn't benchmarking the preparation part, I was
> benchmarking just the 'sin' computation part.

That's what I timed too.

> Your experiment is not fair in its "C" part since it has int -> double
> conversion while 'octave' part doesn't have it.

Actually, I thought that Octave had this conversion too. At any rate,
it doesn't affect the execution speed at all to use double i instead;
I just tried it too.

> I was also measuring time _inside_ the "C" program - to avoid whatever
> startup time artifacts.

I can't think of any artifacts that could have taken place here. There
is no construction, memory management, whatever. Nothing of the sort.

Just show us the fucking code. And I mean this in a good,
non-confrontational way, and I hope you'll pardon my intensifier. :-)

- Jordi G. H.