SciTE is updated to 1.77

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: SciTE is updated to 1.77
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 18:35:24 +0900 (JST)

Hello Octave for windows users (VC++ version)

It is a very good editor for octave script writing.

For users who will use  languages which use 8bit code in windows, latest
version of SciTE 1.77 is recommended to use.

For SciTE editors below 1.75, they suffer from serious bug in handing 8bit code
characters (Shift-JIS Japanese kanji code) in some programing languages.

Matlab language, which is used for octave, one of the typical example.

On the  SciTE 1.76,  bugs seemed to be partially revised but there have been
cases SciTE crashes when 8bit code characters are typed except for comment
fields.

I have installed  SciTE 1.77, it seems that more fixes has been done from my
using through today.

Therefore I think it is better to version up your SciTE to that of version 1.77
for those who suffer from 8bit code bugs in SciTE.

SciTE 1.77 for windows is available from
http://www.scintilla.org/SciTEDownload.html

Windows
Windows Executables
A full download (830K) <=== click there you can download wscite177.zip.

Regards

Tatsuro

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/