Re: Intervalar Mathematics with Octave

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Intervalar Mathematics with Octave
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 15:37:58 -0500

On Nov 27, 2008, at 2:33 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

2008/11/26 Oscar <address@hidden>:
I need a interval mathematic to use with octave, does it exist?

Define what you mean, please? What is interval mathematics?

Can I Call octave functions from a C++ code or use some DLL in
the Octave?

You can use C++ in Octave both ways: call C++ from Octave or Octave
from C++.  Please see

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Getting-Started-with-Oct_002dFiles.html

I don't use Windows, so I don't know if this works with DLLs. Someone
else might know the answer to that.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.

Regarding "interval mathematics", Wikipedia has an article,

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interval_(mathematics)

Oscar, are you looking to do interval arithmetic?

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interval_arithmetic

Via a quick Google, I found this toolbox

        http://www.ti3.tu-harburg.de/rump/intlab/

And a Matlab 5 version

        http://www.ti3.tu-harburg.de/zemke/b4m/

I took a quick look. My impression is that both should work in Octave.

Ben