Octave

From: Robert Fong-tom
Subject: Octave
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 09:46:17 -0500

Hi,
I recently ported Octave successfully but there are some things which I don't understand. My understanding is that Aquaterm is a dependency of octave and that it would be installed as a part of theh Octave port. In fact, when I tried to port Octave the first time it failed because I had Aquaterm installed previously. After deleting Aquaterm (and all files relating to it) manually, the porting of Octave was successful. However, I don't seem to be able to call Aquaterm. A number of files relating to Aquaterm was ported along with Octave however. Right now I am plotting via X11 but would like to switch to plotting via Aquaterm since it produces better looking plots.
Bob