Re: colormap in subplot

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: colormap in subplot
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 15:28:48 +0100

Claudio Belotti wrote:
hi,
I'm plotting a subplot 2x2 with four pcolor images.
I'd like to have 2 of them using the standard jet colormap and the
other 2 using a differnt one; but whenever I give the colormap()
command it changes all four, any idea on how to do it?

thanks
Claudio

Matlab has the same issue.. They defined the manner in which colormaps work, so blame the issue on them. Luckily, they also supply a tech-note with the solution. See

http://www.mathworks.com/support/tech-notes/1200/1215.html

D.