Re: calling c++ or c from octave?

From: Jonathan Stickel
Subject: Re: calling c++ or c from octave?
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 11:42:39 -0700

On 11/5/08 address@hidden wrote:
From: Carlo de Falco <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: calling c++ or c from octave?
> To: address@hidden
> Cc: address@hidden, "Francis Poulin" <address@hidden>
> Date: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 6:39 AM
> On 04/nov/08, at 19:57, Sergei Steshenko wrote:
>
> > You may start from here:
> http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?CodaTutorial .
> binary format from
> > "C" using "fwrite" and load the
> data into 'octave' using 'fopen',
> 'fread'
> > in 'octave'. Works like a charm.
> >  Sergei.
> > if you only need to exchange data then "popen"
> and
> "fread" are probably an even better option
> c.

Well, in my case 'octave' does not call the "C" program and vice versa.
So, the "C" program dumps data into files and when I need to analyze them
by 'octave' I invoke it.

If all that is needed is to manage workflow, then perhaps the "system" function in octave would be helpful. For example, you can do something like:

octave> system("script_to_run_C_program")
octave> read_in_C_data
octave> [plotting commands]

Jonathan