Online Octave contributions

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Online Octave contributions
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 10:49:53 -0500

On  3-Nov-2008, Vic Norton wrote:

| I would like to contribute to Octave. I am not interested supporting
| university of Wisconsin football. So specifically, how does one make
| an online contribution? I expect it goes something like this:
|     1. Goto <http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/funding.html>
|     2. There you will find a link to UW Foundation's secure online form:
|        <https://www2.uwfoundation.wisc.edu/MultiPage/processStep1.do>
|        This will takes you to a University of Wisconsin Foundation page.
|     3. Fill in the amount and designation. Now I start getting confused.
|        I expect I should choose the "Other - detailed below"
| designation.
|        Then I need to restrict my gift to a specific department or
| program
|        "detailed below". What should I put in this "detailed below"
|        section?
|           GNU Octave project?
|           Octave Core Development team?
|           Octave Contributions
|           c/o Dr. John W. Eaton
|           Department of Chemical Engineering?
|        Perhaps any of these would do, but I want to make sure my
| donation
|        goes to the right place.

The http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/funding.html page gives the
details, which I reproduce here:

  IMPORTANT:To make sure that your contribution is directed to the
  Octave project and not to the general UW Foundation fund, you must
  do the following:

      * Select "Other - detailed below" from the drop down menu in the
        "Designation" section of the form.

      * Insert the following instructions into the text box:

            I/we wish to support ongoing development of the Octave
            modeling language, under the supervision of Professor
            James B. Rawlings and Dr. John W. Eaton of the Department
            of Chemical and Biological Engineering at the University
            of Wisconsin-Madison.

  If your contribution does not include these instructions, it will
  probably not find its way to our account for Octave.

Contributions made this way do not support the football team.

jwe