Re: Octave for Mac OSX

From: Rob Mahurin
Subject: Re: Octave for Mac OSX
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 18:08:13 -0400

On Nov 1, 2008, at 10:48 AM, Thomas Treichl wrote:
The 3.0.3 announcement will follow this weekend. BTW, building Octave.app is not a secret. The scripts that I'm preparing and that I'm using are all there at the Octave-Forge project in the path admin/MacOSX/...

Not secret, but not easy to find either. The wiki instructions at http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?OctaveForMac don't seem to mention the octave-forge scripts. The download pages linked on http:// octave.sourceforge.net have binaries, but not source. If you follow the "SVN" link to http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=2888 , there is some boilerplate generic checkout command, a warning that you probably don't want _everything_, and --- aha! --- a smallish link to "browse the repository". From here I can make myself a tarball from another well-hidden link.

It's a far cry from e.g. octave proper, where a page called "download" has a link in a colored box at the top of the page.

Cheers,
Rob

--
Rob Mahurin