accents in a plot

From: youtwistedmymelonman
Subject: accents in a plot
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 06:29:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

How could I use special characters (like accents) in a plot?
When I use an accent in xlabel, for example, I get some weird characters or
garbage instead of the accent I was trying to type.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there any workaround to this?
In Octave 2.1.73 I was using
__gnuplot_set__ encoding iso_8859_15
as a workaround and it worked pretty well. But now this __whatever__
commands seem to be deprecated...

I'm using Octave 3.02 and my system default encoding is UTF8.

Best regards.

Manuel.