Re: Where is "colororder" defined?

From: Samarkand
Subject: Re: Where is "colororder" defined?
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 06:30:52 -0700 (PDT)

Ben Abbott wrote:

> On Thursday, October 02, 2008, at 04:29AM, "Samarkand"
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>When trying to use the plot command in Octave I get the following error:
>>
>>warning: get: invalid property `colororder'
>>error: value on right hand side of assignment is undefined
>>error: evaluating assignment expression near line 33, column 22
>>error: evaluating if command near line 32, column 5
>>error: evaluating if command near line 31, column 3
>>error: called from `__next_line_color__' in file
>>`/usr/share/octave/3.0.0/m/plot/__next_line_color__.m'
>>error: evaluating if command near line 27, column 3
>>error: called from `newplot' in file
>>`/usr/share/octave/3.0.0/m/plot/newplot.m'
>>error: called from `plot' in file `/usr/share/octave/3.0.0/m/plot/plot.m'
>>
>>Octave 3.0.0 (same with 3.0.2 rc2 etc)
>>gnuplot 4.2.2-1
>>O/S is Fedora 8
>>

>>The only way to get this to work is to start octave from the:
>>/usr/local/share/octave/3.0.3/m/plot/ directory. In that case it works
fine.
>>Starting it from any other directory causes the above failure.
>>
>>Can anyone please tell me how/where colororder is defined and set up? It
is
>>declared an invalid property
>>if I start octave from any other directory!
>>
>>Any ideas as to what I might do/try?
>>
>>Many thanks
>
> The error indicates you are running the m-files for version 3.0.0.
>
> Running either 3.0.2 (released version) or the developers sources, this
> functionality works for me.
>
> octave-3.1.51+:1> plot([1 2])
> octave-3.1.51+:2> get(gca,'colororder')
> ans =
>
>    0.00000   0.00000   1.00000
>    0.00000   0.50000   0.00000
>    1.00000   0.00000   0.00000
>    0.00000   0.75000   0.75000
>    0.75000   0.00000   0.75000
>    0.75000   0.75000   0.00000
>    0.25000   0.25000   0.25000
>
> Ben

Thanks Ben, I appreciate your comments but I'm not sure that's the case.

Please see the output I've just captured:
address@hidden /]# octave
<<<  Start
Octave in any directory
GNU Octave, version 3.0.3
Copyright (C) 2008 John W. Eaton and others.

text removed for clarity .........

octave:1> get (gca,"colororder")
warning: get: invalid property `colororder'                              <<<
Get the error
message
octave:2> exit

address@hidden /]# cd /usr/local/share/octave/3.0.3/m/plot      <<< go to the
../m/plot/ directory
address@hidden plot]# octave                                            <<<
Start Octave
GNU Octave, version 3.0.3
Copyright (C) 2008 John W. Eaton and others.

text removed for clarity ...........

octave:1> get (gca,"colororder")
<<< and it works just fine!!
ans =