Re: Curve Fitting and Plotting

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: Curve Fitting and Plotting
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 11:36:49 +0200

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Kearan Mc Pherson
<address@hidden> wrote:
> HI
>
> i am capturing two video streams of a moving cricket ball. one view from the
> side and the other from above. after image processing i obtain the two
> data.dat files. from here i want to do curve fitting in order to achieve the
> data points/coordinates of the moving ball in 3D. after this i want to plot
> the graph in 3D

Unless you need to take perspective into account (in which case the
problem is far more complicated than just curve fitting), I think you
can just interpolate the obtained data along the frontal coordinate
using interp1 to a common sample, then merge. If you provide example
data along with a detailed description of what you need to do, we can
give you more detailed advice.

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert