Re: Plotting with Octave 3.0

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: Plotting with Octave 3.0
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 19:12:45 +0200

>> But how the wiki could be used to improve the manual?
>>
>The hardest part of writing contributions for the manual is generating
>the content itself, not the formating of that content. If there was an
>actively maintained manual on the wiki, then I think you'd find that
>some one was willing to import the good bits into the manual itself..

Hm.  Let's see if this one could work.

- someone sets up an editable web site (like a wiki) but with an
  additional feature: when it is opened, it contains a wikified copy of
  the manual.  (Either the stable version or the snapshot.)

- people who want to correct something open the wiki and edit the
  manual.  Then, after checking all the changes, they press a button
  that formats the changes and sends them to the maintainers.

That would do the job.  However, I do not know how to implement it, and
some details are missing.  A wiki wzard is needed here, I suppose.