pass sting as function argument?

From: cube1982
Subject: pass sting as function argument?
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 23:24:42 -0700 (PDT)

I'am trying to write a function to simply load a mat file and save its content in a text file. Here is my code: function mat2txt(matfilename, textfilename) tmpfile = load matfilename; save -text textfilename tmpfile; endfunction In the commandline, I typed the following line to call this function: > mat2txt('c:\octave\myfile\data1.mat', 'c:\octave\myfile\data1.txt'); But this doesn't work. Anyone can help me with this?