Re: Fw: Future of Octave

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: Fw: Future of Octave
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 12:32:29 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 02:37:23AM -0700, Prof M. N. Anandaram wrote:
> On 22-Aug-2008, Prof M. N. Anandaram wrote:
> | In this respect I would request Octave  to start an Octave File Exchange -
> a section  of user contributed
> | application programs  similar to Matlab File Exchange.  I am ready to
> contribute a few!
> | This is one of the ways Octave can advance as an alternatative for fortran
> like programming

Such a place exists, it's called octave-forge:
http://octave.sourceforge.net/

This is a little bit more than just a file exchange: as Octave can be
compiled on the user's system, there's some infrastructure available to
cater for C++ and Fortran files ('doc pkg' in a recent Octave version
can give you further information).

        Thomas