New User

From: Thomas D. Dean
Subject: New User
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 20:52:22 -0700

Hello, All.  I am relatively new to Octave.  I have been using maple and
scilab.  I think I like the Octave scripting better.

I am attempting to teach myself control systems with the help of a few
books, Wescott, "Applied Control Theory...", Dutton, et.al., "Art of
Engineering Control", and, Simon, "Optimal State Estimation"

I want to implement a Kalman filter to discipline a gyro with a rate
accelerometer.

Is anyone using the control or signal processing packages from
Octave-Forge?

tomdean