Re: Unable to install yapso using pkg install

From: Marc Normandin
Subject: Re: Unable to install yapso using pkg install
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 18:40:19 -0400

aravind b wrote:
> You are right, it says I'm using version 2.9.9. <http://2.9.9.> But I
> thought it would install the latest version when i did
>
> /$ sudo aptitude install octave2.9-headers libpng12-dev freeglut3-dev/
>
> I am sorry if I am missing something that is obvious..that's because, I
> am new to Linux. I would be thankful if I am told exactly what to do to
> install the latest version (say 2.9.12) of Octave. I don't find this
> version on synaptic manager too. It also shows up only 2.9.9.
> <http://2.9.9.> I believe, I cannot install Octave 2.9.12 or 3.0.1 since
> I am running ubuntu. I have tried installing them manually but without
> success. The installation process would quit on me after I run make. It
> just dishes out an error.

Which version of Ubuntu are you running?  Binaries for Octave 3.0.0 are
available through aptitude/synaptic on Ubuntu 8.04.

What error message is generated when you try to build Octave from source?

Marc D. Normandin              http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~mdnorman
Graduate Research Assistant                     address@hidden
Indiana University School of Medicine           317-278-9841 (tel)
Department of Radiology, Division of Research   317-274-1067 (fax)