Re: Neural Network Toolbox setup.

From: Russell jarvis
Subject: Re: Neural Network Toolbox setup.
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 17:16:46 +1000

I don't have a Red Hat package of the neural network toolbox and I
don't think any are available so I am unsure if running Octave, going
into the appropriate directory and typing `doc pkg' will work.

I downloaded nnet-0.1.3 from source forge again.

I went inside and found the folder were all of the .M files were
stored and copied this folder.

I wonder where the most appropriate place to put these files would be
so that Octave can find them when it is running?

Does Linux have an equivalent of `Program Files'? My first thought was
the bin folder but that is stupid because an M file is a script not an
executable.

I have a folder called `Octave setup' on my desktop. I went inside
that and found a folder called `scripts', all of the folders in
scripts seem to contain M files. I figure this might be an okay place
to put them, except I have a feeling these are only setup files, and
the real directory Octave is running from is somewhere else on the
directory tree.

If I do manage to put the M files somewhere approrpriate does anyone
know a a simple easy test command to use to see if the Neural network
toolbox is running?

Also I wonder what the equivalent of Matlab commands: sym and syms are
in Octave? Neither of those commands seem to be recognised.

If anyone can help again that would be great.
Thanks.
>From Russell.

I down