gnuplot zoom

From: gOS
Subject: gnuplot zoom
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 08:59:26 -0700 (PDT)

I'd like to use a version of gnuplot for which the zoom functionality is
present. I see that it may be possible after looking through the threads on
this site, though there appeared to be some compiling involved with gcc.

I attempted this but plotting revealed the gnuplot terminal instead of a
plot. I probably made a mistake somewhere.

I tried this version of gnuplot, extracted: gp423win32.zip
And I used gnuplot_binary to set the path the pgnuplot.exe

Anyhow, I'm using the 3.0.1 (vs 2005) version of Octave for windows located
here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2888&package_id=40078

Jhandles is of course an option for zooming, but on one machine Octave would
crash (Java was updated past 1.5.0). Another problem with Jhandles is that
the title portion would not allow for more than 4 lines of text, and the
default for most plots that I make is 5 lines (due to versioning
information). There were other factors that went into deciding not to use
Jhandles for the moment, but I've since forgotten most of them. I just
remember we were going to try it out again when a new version was released.

Anyway, as I said, I'd like to use the latest version of gnuplot with Octave
on Windows. Where do I go from here?