Re: how to see images at original size

From: bharat pathak
Subject: Re: how to see images at original size
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 10:02:12 +0530

Thank you very much. It worked!!!!!

Regards
Bharat Pathak

Arithos Designs
www.Arithos.com

From: "Bill Denney" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 5:26 PM
To: "bharat pathak" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>

bharat pathak wrote:
Hello all,
 I am using octave 3.0.1 with jhandles as the graphics
     backend.
 a = imread('lena.bmp');
     imshow(double (a )/256);
 This does not show me the image with original scale.
     It shows me with reduced size, maybe 60% of original
     size.
 How to see the image in octave at the same 100% size.
     (without any scaling internally done).
This is because the axis is automatically scaled within the figure space. This won't take into account the size of your monitor (which could make the image hard to work with), but something like this should work (untested, but probably close):

a = imread("lena.bmp");
imshow(double(a)/256);
s = size(a)(1:2);
set(gcf, "position", [50 50 s*1.1])
set(gca, "position", [.05 .05 .9 .9])

You may also need to toss in an "axis image", but I think that imshow takes care of that.

Hopefully that helps.

Have a good day,

Bill