Octave C++ performance benchmarks?

From: Kyusik Chung
Subject: Octave C++ performance benchmarks?
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:58:13 -0700

Hello,

We are looking to potentially use the Octave C++ libraries in our C++ application.  It sounded like the C++ libraries were the exact same ones that power the Octave end-user interface - could someone confirm this?

In our C++ application, we are concerned with run time performance, esp of the following:
  • Matrix inversions
  • LU Decomps (if thats not the method used for the inverse function
  • Special improvements for inversions of symmetric and positive-definite matrices

Are there any sorts of benchmarks of the Octave C++ libraries?  How would Octave C++ compare with other options out there in terms of run time performance?  Is it appropriate to use Octave C++ where high performance is a key concern?  If not, do people have other suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Kyusik