Re: Python interface to octave

From: Johann Cohen-Tanugi
Subject: Re: Python interface to octave
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:25:04 -0700

hi Sven-Erik,
my 'easy' answer is :
1) If you absolutely want octave as the software doing the job, use the python module commands to execute it from a python shell. 2) If you are preferentially working in a python environment, why not give SciPy a try? Depending on what you exactly need to do, it may give you an easy way out.
m2c,
Johann

Sven-Erik Tiberg wrote:
Hi Francesco
Thanks for assist me in clearify my Q. I like to call for example a file with a function like function [ retval1, retval2] = calc_something ( input_arg1, input_arg2, input_arg3 )
     retval1 = input_arg1 * input_arg2;
     retval2 = input_arg2 * input_arg3;
endfunction
from python using f.example the popen() and/or popen2() metods. My intend are to extend octave scripts with python UI and libs. probably also for web-UI using web-server plone.org as web-interface to octave scripts. I'm looking for examples on how to call octave scripts from python. PS. are familiar with matlab / simulink and bit of python and plone. Hope this clearify my question.
Sven-Erik Tiberg