Re: Bar chart with error bars?

From: novalidaddress
Subject: Re: Bar chart with error bars?
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 23:28:34 +0200

Henry, many thanks for your reply!

I have tried that. Then there is no bar chart anymore.

Here is a snippet of my code:

array=dlmread("testfile2.csv",",") % there are 2 rows and 6 columns of example
data
% data in columns, cols 1,3,5 are the values to be plotted as bars,
% cols 2,4,6 contain dy for the error bars
columns=[]
bars=[]

for i=1:3
columns=[columns,array(:,2*i-1)] % isolate data for bars
bars=[bars,array(:,2*i)]         % isolate data for error bars
endfor

newplot()
colormap winter;

%bar([columns])
errorbar([columns],[bars])
title('Title XYZ','Fontsize',16);
ylim([0,10]) % yaxis neu setzen
xlim([0,10])
legend('condition 1','condition 2','condition 3')
ylabel('arbitrary units')

when the % before "bar" is removed (and the "errorbars" line is commented out),
then a bar chart with 2 sets of bars (3 bars per set)
is displayed. If the code is run as shows, I get 3x2 plotted points with errer
bars.
When both lines are executed, first I see a plot with the axes messed up (xlim
and ylim are ignored), then I see another plot with correct axes, but no
columns (as when the bar command is not run at all)

Any clues?

Wolfgang

when
-------- Original-Nachricht --------