Re: sourcing files in a different directory

From: Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Subject: Re: sourcing files in a different directory
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 19:15:34 -0400

Sergei Steshenko wrote:

> In general, regardless of application, search paths are much more evil
> than good.

Can't agree more! They are useful but they have their own limitations.

> Because of the above I resolve full path of current file:
>
> this_file = mfilename("fullpathext");
>
> and then calculate _full_ paths according to the scripts directory tree
> structure.
>
> Doing "source" with full path pretty much neutralizes the evil nature
> of search paths.

Can't believe I missed the "source" function (It is so easy to guess!). Once
I used the source("filename.m") instead of just filename in the scripts,
then everything started working perfect.

thanks everyone for replies

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi