Re: Values of V and abm

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: Values of V and abm
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 09:21:06 +0200

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 8:38 AM, asha g <address@hidden> wrote:
> I don't understand what you mean by octave -f,

I mean running octave with -f switch. I guess you're a Windows user,
right? Anyway, forget about that, I've got all the files I need.

>but I have put the files in a separate directory and run it and the problem
>persists. I am >emailing you  all the files ( not the whole gp as I find it
>weird to let the entire gp have access > to all my files).

Asha, if your work is private (e.g. a company property), you should
not give it away. In that case, your best way is to "strip" the
problem, i.e. keep deleting unnecessary portions of the code until you
arrive at the smallest piece that still triggers the problem. Usually
there is no problem giving such a stripped piece away. This means more
work from you, but it's the safest you can do. I don't want you to run
into troubles because of this.
I promise you to delete all the code as soon as we're finished with this issue.

> If anyone wishes to help, the can get in touch with you or me. You can post
> results to the gp ofcourse. Please run it and let me know what the problem is.

I've run your code. The warning you didn't understand is triggered by the line
y=linspace(0,t,niter);
which is buggy, because linspace needs scalar arguments (lower bound,
upper bound, count) and here `t' is a vector. I assume you meant
something else, probably just `y=t;'

But because y is never used from that point onwards, this is no real
problem and has actually nothing to do with the results. Apart from
that, your script ran OK and produced three plots: each plot is a
straight line (abnn1 is a constant). What's wrong?
I assume you were not expecting straight lines, right? This means that
you have bug(s) in your calculations somewhere.

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert