Differences in Matlab/Octave processing time

From: HempyElmo
Subject: Differences in Matlab/Octave processing time
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 08:50:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I've got a Matlab code which I want to run on Octave. With Matlab this
program takes about 5 minutes under Windows XP on a Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
to make an output .mat. With Octave on the same computer, it took ages...
maybe 30 times more processing time. Same thing happens for Octave with the
same version (2.9.15) on a Linux machine (Intel Xeon 2.8 GHz). Is anybody
have a reason why? Is it because of Octave or the code itself?

The code reproduce a particle in cells simulation. I don't know how many
loops it makes.

Thanks!