Re: More on plotting scattered data

From: c.
Subject: Re: More on plotting scattered data
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 10:02:22 +0200

On 19/mag/08, at 19:30, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

This is almost what I want, except that I want the triangles to be
opaque, filled in, and coloured according to Gourad shading or so
according to some height scale.

I don't think gnuplot can do this yet.

- Jordi G. H.

Jordi -
With the FPL package in octave-forge you might accomplish what you want:

>> mesh.p=randn(2,10);
>> mesh.t = delaunay( mesh.p(1,:)', mesh.p(2,:)' )';
>> z = mesh.p(1,:)'.*mesh.p(2,:)';
>> FPL2pdesurf ( mesh, z );

FPL tries to emulate matlab's pdeplot (from the pdetool package) relying on opendx
c.