Re: memory exhausted error.

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: memory exhausted error.
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:13:26 +0200

GARY FORBIS wrote:
> I've just started using Octave and am having trouble running MNIST from
> http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~hinton/MatlabForSciencePaper.html
> <http://www.cs.toronto.edu/%7Ehinton/MatlabForSciencePaper.html>
> Aside from the save and load syntax differences I'm getting
>
>  error: memory exhausted or requested size too large for range of
>  Octave's index type -- execution of mnistdeepauto.m failed
> while executing this:
>
> load digit9; digitdata = [digitdata; D]; targets = [targets; repmat([0
> 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1], size(D,1), 1)];
> I've been told there are some register settings I could change to fix
> this.
>
> I'm using GNU Octave, version 3.0.0
>
> Any help?
>
> Thanks.

If this is the same bug report from the newsgroup comp.soft-sys.octave
then you need to point out that you are using the MSVC build under
Windows. I believe this is a known issue but don't remember the details,
so if some Windows user knows the registry magic needed to avoid this
issue send it here :-)

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only