Re: Graphical interface

From: Stephan Paukner
Subject: Re: Graphical interface
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 09:58:55 +0200

Hi!

On Mon, 2008-04-14 at 10:01 -0400, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> > I am a very new Octave-user, (5 minutes). I am questioning if there is any
> > graphical interface for KDE- Desktops?
>
> [...] Why do you need a graphical interface?  What do you get out of
> it that you don't get from the command line interface?

I wasn't asked, but what I personally like:

* Getting something from the history without losing the current output
in the window.
* Having a short glance at current variables and their sizes
without losing the current output in the window.

It's annoying to be forced to execute a command just to get this
information and flush your screen at the same time, so you have to
scroll up the screen afterwards. I want to view that in parallel, not
serial.

Or is it possible to run a second instance of Octave in a different
xterm but with access to the same session?

Regards
--
Stephan Paukner