Re: waitforbuttonpress patch install

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: waitforbuttonpress patch install
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 02:49:19 +0200

Ben Abbott wrote:
> On Apr 6, 2008, at 7:55 PM, Nose Nada wrote:
>> Hello there! I was trying to use the function 'waitforbuttonpress'
>> in Octave 3.0 (running on Fedora 8) but the function is not
>> implemented yet in this distribution. However, I found a recent
>> thread (http://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/bug-octave/2008-March/005684.html
>> ) where a patch for this function has been developed
>> (https://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/bug-octave/attachments/20080331/f0ffbe59/attachment-0001.ksh
>>
>> ) . How can I install this patch in order to use waitforbuttonpress
>> in my code? I look forward to hear from you. Thanks in advance. Omar
>> Sent from the Octave - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> If you up to building octave from its sources, you can do that.
> Instructions are at the link below.
>
>       http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/download.html
>
> If you're using Debian, you may be able to put together a local
> package that uses the development sources.
>
> I'm not a Linux user, but have done the same for Mac OSX using Fink's
> package management system (which descends from Debian).
>
> Ben

Its only in the 3.1.x tree in the octave repository. Get it instead
(together with ginput.m and maybe gtext.m) from the ocatve-forge SVN
whether the versions are compatible with Octave 3.0.0. Note this
currently doesn't work on the wxt terminal on Windows due to a bug in
that terminal in gnuplot. It also doesn't work with the aqua terminal of
MacOS as that terminal doesn't yet support mousing at all.

D.