print append

From: Johan Kullstam
Subject: print append
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 18:04:40 -0400

Is it possible to append to a postscript file using the print command?

In the other brand, you can do
>> print -dpsc2 -append outputfile.ps

This doesn't work in octave as "print" doesn't take "-append" as an
option.  Is it a talking to gnuplot limitation?

And in the old octave I could do it with the gnuplot-style commands

>> gset term postscript landscape enhanced color solid "Palatino-Roman" 14
>> gset output outputfile.ps

and then use gplot to make the figures.

I use "gv" to view the output.  This lets me see a series of figures
in one window and I can go forwards and back as much as I like.

I do this because I hate having to manage too many open windows
clutting the screen.  I also much prefer serif fonts like
Palatino-Roman to Helvetica.

I tried printing to a series of postscipt files and using ghostscript
to concatenate them but ghostscript makes a bitmap hash out of the
fonts.

FWIW in 3.0, help plot (and the info file) claims a linestyle of "L"
for steps but doesn't actually implement it.  Should the documentation
get a bug report?

--
Johan KULLSTAM