Re: [CHANGESET] Re: Help with griddata3

From: António Santos
Subject: Re: [CHANGESET] Re: Help with griddata3
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 17:15:40 +0000

Hi,

It solved the problem but the function seems to not return valid data, only NaNs.
I tried this:

rand('state',0);
x = 2*rand(5,1)-1;
y = 2*rand(5,1)-1;
z = 2*rand(5,1)-1;
v = x.^2 + y.^2 + z.^2;
d = -0.8:0.05:0.8;
[xi,yi,zi] = meshgrid(d,d,d);
w = griddata3(x,y,z,v,xi,yi,zi)

w only contains NaNs...Is anyone experiencing this problem too? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

António Santos

---

António Santos wrote:
Hi,

I have a Fedora Core 6 system with Octave 2.9.9-1 and Octave-forge
2006.07.09-7 installed.
I need to use the griddata3 function, which seems to not be present in
these packages. I tried to download de griddata3.m from other
distributions but I'm having no success with using this function.
griddata3 calls griddata like the following:
vi = griddata([x(:),y(:),z(:)],v(:),[xi(:),yi(:),zi(:)],varargin{:});
However, griddata does not accept all these parameters...
I also downloaded the source code from Octave 3.0.0 and, althought I
didn't test it, it seems that the problem still persists.
Any clue on how to use griddata3?

Thanks,

António Santos

Opps, that can't ever have worked as written, but I sure to have tested
this... In any case the fact that it doesn't work is my fault, and the
attached patch should fix it and adds test code.

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary