gset term & octave

From: mbn
Subject: gset term & octave
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:31:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hello

I am trying to generate png image from a plot in Octave.

My environment is the following (Linux):

===========================
$ octave -v
GNU Octave, version 2.1.57

$ gnuplot --version
gnuplot 4.0 patchlevel 0

===========================

When I use gset term, I get random garbage (with or without ; at the end is
the same):

===========================
octave:1> gset term png
PNG

IHDR,Vs[aO`)PLTE   @@nn@@nn  @@ @ @@`@@address@hidden@0``@@@@address@hidden@@@`
@address@hidden@ ` ```

octave:2> gset output 'myfile.png'

At the end, the image is generated but why am I getting all that garbage? I
have tried that in several Linux boxes (RedHat) and I always receive the
same error.

How can I solve that?

Thanks in advance