how to make ginput work?

From: gabzz33
Subject: how to make ginput work?
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 08:31:35 -0800 (PST)

hello
I try presently to use the ginput function for my program.
presently i just tried to plot a simple plot
plot([1,2,3,4])
and then enter [x,y]=ginput
he answers me
x=[] (0x1)
y=[] (0x1)
So I understood that he has aquired no point at all, but I don't why. I have
tried to click on the plot screen with the right or the left button , even
pressing space as it is said in the ginput help description, all this before
or after that I launched the ginput function the result is allways the same.
I tried to enter [x,y]=ginput([1 10])
he says
First click on x-axis 1
Then click on x-axis 10
I click everywhere every number of time it's locked. it has bugged and I
need to close octave.
I use octave 3.0.0 and the gnuplot delivered with
If somebody can help me it'll be great
thank you
Gabriel