Usage of SECS1D (dimensions of input variables)

From: Johannes F Dorfner
Subject: Usage of SECS1D (dimensions of input variables)
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 15:03:30 +0100

Hi,

I want to use the SECS1D package (v0.0.4) provided with octave-3.0.0 [under WinXP in the case that matters]. I have serious problems in guessing which parameter dimensions and types the function DDGnlpoisson [1] takes. Currently I run in "nonconformant arguments"-errors when using standard row vectors as inputs [2]:

> error: quotient: nonconformant arguments (op1 is 98x1, op2 is 1x98)
> error: evaluating binary operator './' near line 33, column 28 [Ucomplap.m]

Is there a way (apart from trial and error) to find out what dimensions the parameters should be?

Thanks in advance for hints,
Johannes Dorfner

--
[1]: http://octave.sourceforge.net/doc/f/DDGnlpoisson.html

[2]: octave script file to test DDGnlpoisson()
% ------------------------------------------------------------------
% geometry and boundary condition
L = 200e-9; % length of the device
U_0 = 2; % potential of contact 2 relative to contact 1
N_v = 1e21*1e8; % density of states [m^-3]
N = 100; % number of grid points

% INPUT
x = linspace(0, L, N); % spatial grid
sinodes = 1:N; % index of the nodes of the grid which are in the
               % semiconductor subdomain(remaining nodes are assumed
               % to be in the oxide subdomain)
Vin=linspace(0,U_0,N); % initial guess for the electrostatic potential
nin=linspace(0,0,N); % initial guess for electron concentration
pin=linspace(N_v,N_v,N); % initial guess for hole concentration
Fnin=1*q; % initial guess for electron Fermi potential
Fpin=1*q; % initial guess for hole Fermi potential
D=linspace(0,0,N); % doping profile; here: intrinsic case
l2=0; % scaled electric permittivity (diffusion coefficient)
tolerance=1e-3; % tolerance for convergence test
maxiter=100; % maximum number of Newton iterations
verbosity=2; % verbosity level: 0,1,2

% OUTPUT
% V       electrostatic potential
% n       electron concentration
% p       hole concentration
% res     residual norm at each step
% niter   number of Newton iterations

% RUN
[V,n,p,res,niter] = DDGnlpoisson (x,sinodes,Vin,nin,pin,Fnin,Fpin,D,l2,tolerance,maxiter,verbosity)