Re: additional packages

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: additional packages
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 21:43:22 +0100

Carlo de Falco schrieb:

On 29/feb/08, at 17:19, Thomas Treichl wrote:

So where do that messy conflicts arise? My knowledge is that people using
Fink-Octave and Octave.app both on one and the same machine can use both without
conflicting or damaging each other (maybe they can't use Octave.app and
Octave-Fink at the same time)...

Just for the records, I just tried running both fink and Octave.app at the same time and I see no problem. On the other hand it was just out of curiosity, I don't see why one would want to do this...

Yes sure, but you never know what people are trying to do ;)

But just for my interest: Do you have installed Gnuplot-Fink and Gnuplot.app? If yes, I'd like to know if you start Octave-Fink that uses Gnuplot-Fink and you plot a figure out of Octave using AquaTerm; after that you start Octave.app and try to plot another figure from Octave.app; is that picture also displayed? I would expect it isn't, because AuqaTerm is a *app for it's own and placed into the taskbar (so can't be started twice) and therefore Gnuplot.app gets into conflict with Fink's AquaTerm - or am I wrong?

BTW, that's the reason why Octave.app doesn't go into the taskbar resp. is actively removed after startup from taskbar again so that users can start more than one Octave.app at once - for somebody who is interested in!?

  Thomas